The primary activity of the Code Enforcement Officer is to implement the provisions outlined in the Rules and Regulations and in the By Laws. The Code Enforcement officers are employees of the association, and are authorized to implement the Rules and Regulations and the By Laws on behalf of the association. These officers are not members of Sierra View Association.
If you are a member of the association and you believe that there is a violation of the By Laws, contact the Association. The complaint will be reviewed to determine if any action is required. If appropriate, they will contact the homeowner in writing to inform them of the violation and perform the appropriate follow-up. All reported violations will be kept confidential, with the complainant being named as Sierra View Code Enforcement.
In the event you are attacked by a dog, or have concerns about the treatment of animals, you can take the following steps:
Steps to take if you are attacked by a dog within Sierra View Association
· Contact the police department in your township:
Ø Pocono Mountain Regional Police in Tunkhannock Township: 570-895-2400
Ø Fern Ridge State Police in Chestnuthill Township: 570-646-2271
· Contact the Dog Warden of Monroe County: Jason Bell 570-350-0804
· Pennsylvania Dog Warden Supervisor: 717-787-3062
· Register a complaint or tip with the Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement Office, by completing and submitting the Dog Law Complaint Form (available at SVA Office, as well as online at http://www.pda.pa.gov/DogLawComplaint/ )
· File a complaint with Sierra View Association
· If you wish to speak to someone about dog law issues, please call: 717-787-3062
This information is also available in the document center.